The Trunk or Treat event has been cancelled due to a bad weather forecast. See you next year!
Hosted by First Lutheran Church, this free, fun family event was to be held in the Courtyard at First Lutheran – between 24th and 25th & Winnie Street -beginning at 6pm on Friday. Since this was an outdoor event – with no opportunity to relocate indoors, our church council thought it best to cancel in anticipation of the upcoming rainy/windy weekend.
We’ll look forward to hosting this event next year!
WHEN: Friday, October 20th 6pm
WHERE: Winnie Between 24th and 25th
WHO: Entire Galveston Community
Offering children and youth a free, safe and fun environment for trick or treating will be the first-ever “Trunk or Treat” event set for Friday, October 20th.
The event is hosted by First Lutheran Church and will take place in the courtyard and street adjacent to the church between 24th and 25th Streets & Winnie, in historic downtown Galveston.
Beginning at 6pm, children and youth can look forward to a trick or treating, plus face painting, games, music and door prizes. The highlight of the evening will be a special outdoor showing of “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” at 7pm in the church courtyard. Free hot dogs, popcorn and beverages will be served.
Two fun contests will be held: “Best Costume” and also “Best Decorated Vehicle”. For those interested in registering their vehicle to participate in the “Trunk or Treat” event, see official form below.
Hosted and sponsored by First Lutheran Church as a community outreach project, “Trunk or Treat” is a FREE event and open to the public. For more information, contact event coordinator, Cynthia McEldowney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call First Lutheran Church at 409.762.8477.
Interested in Registering Your Vehicle?
Please use the sign-up form below to submit your request for approval to enter your car or truck space to pass out candy. Once approved and upon arrival at the location on Winnie between 24th and 25th, a First Lutheran Church staff member will direct you to your assigned space to set up your vehicle. Each vehicle will be given 2 spaces to allow better display and flow. All registered vehicles will receive a number that must be attached to their trunk for judging. Vehicles will be judged on presentation and creativity. Props and participants in costume will be considered in the judging.
All trunks must be decorated by 5:30pm. Candy distribution starts at 6pm. For safety purposes, vehicles will not be permitted to move or leave the parking lot until the event is over. A movie will begin in the courtyard at 7pm, “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”.
By submitting my registration on this website, I acknowledge that my participation in this event, or that of my child, could involve risk of physical injury or damage to property. I expressly assume such risk and release and waive any claims against First Lutheran Church of Galveston (FLCG), its agents and employees and volunteers, for any injuries to person or damage of property. I do hereby release and discharge FLCG, its officials, officers, agents, servants, volunteers, and employerss from any and all claims from injuries, damage or loss which may occur to me as a result of my participation or attendance in any of FLCG sponsored event and/or activities.
Galveston Trunk or Treat Event Information
1. Proper trunk registration is required to participate in this event.
2. All candy or goodies must be pre-packaged and unopened to distribute at the event.
3. Please be courteous to your trunk or treat neighbors and keep your music volume and your decorations confined to your lot space.
4. All trunks must be decorated by 5:30pm and all vehicles arriving after this time will not be able to participate.
5. The event begins at 6:00pm. For safety purposes, vehicles will not be permitted to move or leave the parking lot until the event is over.
6. In order to be considered for an award, participants must make sure their space # is visible.
7. We will not be providing any electrical support for vehicle decorations.
8. Set-up and Tear down: All applicants are responsible for their own equipment (tent, chairs, tables, etc.)
9. When deciding upon decorations and costumes, please keep in mind that this is a FAMILY friendly event and we ask that decorations and costumes follow within the theme guideline.
10. We ask that you please refrain from the overly scary, frightful, gory, or inappropriate costumes.
11. You understand that any photography taken at or during the event, yourself, or vehicle, may be used for promotional purposes for future FLCG Trunk or Treat events.
MOST IMPORTANT… HAVE FUN and ENJOY A FAITH FILLED EVENING!