Lutherhill Day Camp
First Lutheran Church
We are pleased to announce that First Lutheran Church will be hosting the 2nd annual Lutherhhill Day Camp for children in the 1st through 5th grades The dates are August 7th through August 11th.
This year, Lutherhill is asking that we do an activity to draw attention to hunger problems around the world and let campers know God has given them gifts to help others who are in need. There will be two projects but we need your help to make them a success.
The first will be a can food drive to donate to our local food pantry. We ask that you bring can food items to church on August 6th. Our campers will be collecting in the Narthex before the service.
For the second project, we are requesting monetary donations that will go to Synod’s $500k drive to ELCA World Hunger. Donations can be placed in the special envelopes contained on the back of the pews and marked for Day Camp project. Checks should be made out to First Lutheran Church.
The campers and I thank you in advance for your support.
This summer we will delve into our theme “Reform, Reimagine, Rejoice” and how God gives us the power to use our faith to change the world!
- Maximum of 4 groups with 10 campers per group
- Camp will be held 8:30 a.m. To 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Campers will participate in Bible Study, Service Learning, Arts and Science and Games.
- Snacks, lunch and drinks will be provided.
- To help offset camp costs, we are requesting a $25 donation. Families with more than one child are asked to donate $10 for each additional child.
- There will be a Community Closing Celebration program for family and friends at 3p.m. on Friday afternoon.
You may use the form below (submit one for each child) – OR – you may click here to download the application and mail in with your check made payable to First Lutheran Church:
First Lutheran Church of Galveston
2415 Ave G
Galveston, TX 77550.
If you use the online form below you will still need to sign an Emergency Release form. Any questions should be directed to Marian Plain at 409- 948-4574.
PLEASE NOTE: Your child should wear play clothes. Lunch, drinks, and snacks will be provided.
Cell phones will be collected upon check-in and returned upon check-out each day.