Dear Gulf Coast Synod,
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.
– Psalm 46:1-3
Flood waters have started to recede in most of the Gulf Coast Synod, and we are already starting to clean up the damage.
Registration: Go to https://gulfcoastsynod.org/events/harvey-work-day/
- Sack lunch
- Water bottles (stay hydrated!)
- A change of clothes
- First aid supplies
- Work gloves and masks
- Garbage bags, bleach, mold-killing spray
- Tools, if you have them – pails, shovels, crowbars
- God’s Work, Our Hands t-shirt, if you have one
- Donated items to leave behind, like bottled water or gift and gas cards
See you next Saturday what will hopefully be the largest coordinated workday we’ve ever had!