GET BETTER TOGETHER! Starts one week from today!
Here is a tip from our fitness coach, Erin Grigsby of Anchor Leg Coaching: Running.
One Step at a Time!
We all have compared ourselves to others, especially when we are walking/running for many reasons. So, how do you deal with this? If you go down the road of playing the comparison game, it will make your walk/run worse!
Here are some tips that I use when I feel this way.
1. Deep breathes! Do this a few times.
2. Remind yourself why you are doing this! We all have OUR story of why we got into walking/running.
3. Pick 1 thing you are grateful for on your exercise. Even if it is something small.
4. Think of 3 ways you will grow from fitness.
5. Your walking/running pace does not define you.
6. Remind yourself how you will feel after the workout.
Don’t waste your time or energy comparing yourself to others because it will never make you happy. You are extraordinary. Be proud and strong!
“Comparison is the thief of joy.”